DAMCO is one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, we have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way they want to do business, wherever they are in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead – Airfreight Operations
- Ensure Damco delivers the product sold to customers.
- Support CS documentation in opening and closing of files in due time.
- Co-ordinate handling of file between departments and ensure file is handled in a timely manner.
- Ensure final documents are returned to documentations for invoices to be raised timely.
- Monitor and manage goods delivered from the airport are received in good condition to avoid exposures.
- Ensure all targets are met and performance indicators are measured.
- Manage the cost reduction plan in compliance to company policy without implications for any delays.
- Manage written correspondence between OPS department and CS units on daily updates on CHB progress.
- Confirm and verify declarations before assessment customs duty amount and HS code(s) used.
- Advice and guide CS on queries encountered during verification/examination and discuss/agree on a workable solution to be advised to clients.
- Follow up on cargo delivery status.
- Ensure the team update fields in TrakIT in a timely and accurate manner.
- Organise KPI review meetings with Airfreight CHB team and flag improvement plans through WILO sessions.
- Escalate all major issues unresolved to Head of Operations NG.
- Maintain and enhance close working relationships with CS, Sales, Finance teams and Government authorities.
- Ensure operational excellence and co-ordination.
- Ensure proactive communication internally and externally.
- Ensure all issues affecting Damco are addressed within Organization as deemed required.
We Are Looking For
- A good first degree in Business Management, Social Sciences or equivalent is desirable.
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages (verbal and written).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Airfreight logistics in a fast-paced service company.
- Minimum 2 years logistics operations experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Analytical and strategic management skills.
- High level of energy.
- Result oriented.
- You will be a member of Damco Nigeria Management team, reporting to the Head of Operations.
- You will be given the opportunity to express your ideas and mentored to understand the Company processes and build a strong career.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 18th December, 2017.