The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States Government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
The YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa seeks to empower young men and women between the ages of 18 and 35 from Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, and Sierra Leone, who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries. The YALI Emerging Leaders Program teaches young African leaders about modern leadership.
The program is divided into four phases –
- a coursework phase delivered online and
the remaining 3 phases distributed equally among:
- a mentorship program,
- internship or community service,
- and a report-writing period.
Focusing on the coursework phase, it entails three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary issues affecting Africa) and one elective course selected from a sample of three courses covering three themes, namely
- Public Policy and Management, and
- Civil Society Management.
Reasons to Apply to the YALI
At the end of the programs, participants will be awarded certificate and become a member of the YALI Alumni.
Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for the leadership role in their various endeavors.
Selection Process and Criteria
- Selection for participation in the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.
- Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- A demonstrated leadership in public service, business, and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Application Open for Online Cohort 6 – Apply Now
Click here to Apply
+233 233 00 9189