Federal Ministry of Education is inviting applications from qualified candidates for Bilateral Education Agreement BEA Awards for Nigerians to study abroad. Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme. This post is a guideline to registering BEA Awards this session
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate as well as postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for following fields of study:
Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Scholarship can be taken in Study Abroad (Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, etc)
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
College Admission Requirement
POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division
English language Requirements: Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
How to Apply:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
Data page of current International passport, and
Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
Application Form: Click Here For Application
Application Deadline: Scholarship is open for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Scholarship link: Click Here