|Initiatives of Change/Moral Re-Armament Nigeria Grant Program|
Young Nigerian Undergraduates are welcomed to apply for the 2017 Initiatives of Change/Moral Re-Armament Nigeria Grant Program for young Nigerians, only eligible candidates would be considered for this grant. Read the Information and apply now!
The MEG programme is an initiative of MRA/IofC Nigeria to educate and develop next-generation leaders who will be forged to create solutions to the challenges facing Nigeria. The initiative empowers Nigerian youths from economically and financially disadvantaged homes to have access to quality education as their peers and make successful transition to further education or to the labour market.
To be taken in: Nigeria
Eligible nationalities: Nigerians
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
The grant is open to all qualified indigene students of Nigeria. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of self-discovery, intellectual ability, leadership qualities and a desire to invest knowledge in contributing to societal growth, serve their community, educational qualifications and ability to apply their knowledge to improve their lives and those of others.
Are you an undergraduate student in a Nigerian University? If so, you are eligible to apply for the MRA Education Grant Programme.
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License), Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Level of study
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter from their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
Are you a secondary school student of Nigerian origin? Then you are qualified to apply for this grant.
- Complete online application
- Birth certificate
- Official letter from your school confirming your studentship
- Your full name
- Department of study
- Previous results of examinations
- Valid student ID
- A passport photograph.
- Guardian/Parents consent form
Application Deadline: 30th October 2017
Initiatives of change/Moral Re-Armamemt FAQ:
Can I still apply after the deadline?
Application deadlines are firm. Once the deadline has elapsed, no more applications will be accepted. You will have to wait till the next award year to apply.
Can I apply through an agent?
NO. The Grant is wholly and solely run by MRA/IofC Nigeria. Any organisation purporting to assist you with applications are not affiliated to us.
Once a Beneficiary, always a Beneficiary?
No. When awarded the Grant, a beneficiary must reapply annually by filling out the Grant Renewal Application and submit all supporting documents reflecting continued enrolment at host institution, satisfactory grade point average, and identification documents. The scholarship board will then proceed to review and re-verify your status with your school along with other supporting documents in order to re-award you the scholarship.
Are there any fees payable to the organization to submit an application?
No. We do not collect any application fees. All applications are free. Please report any persons or organizations alleging to collect fees on our behalf to email@example.com (link sends e-mail).